Almost anything can be frozen!
Here’s a useful summary of what can/can’t be frozen.
With all of the following, ideally freeze when they are at their freshest.
- Raw fish and meat – but check that they haven’t been frozen previously
- Cooked fish and meat
- Cooked meals, but avoid rice or pasta dishes
- Stocks and sauces
- Pies and crumbles
- Most fruit, raw or cooked. Strawberries and raspberries though tend to go a little soggy so I would avoid freezing.
- Almost all biscuits, bakes and cakes (unfilled and without frostings)
- Lower fat creams and cheeses
- Salad stuffs, which will go mushy
Always allow to cool, pack in a suitable container and label. I prefer to use lidded boxes so that it minimises packaging.
I use my old ‘Tupperware’ and also some fab pyrex dishes that can also be used to when the contents in the oven or in the microwave.
To defrost, leave overnight in the fridge.