Summertime is the perfect excuse to dig out your old picnic blanket, or perhaps win yourself a new hamper (more on this below) and head out to your local park or your back garden with friends
We have put together some excellent tips for you to pack a proper perfect picnic basket – now that is a mouthful!
- Freeze bottled water to work as icepacks. Once melted, you have a chilled drink! Make sure to steer clear of using glass bottles as they can shatter in the freezer.
- Keep dressings separate to avoid any soggy salads. We like to use a clean jam jar for this.
- Make sure to pack a bag or two to carry home your rubbish, preserving scenic picnic spots the way they should be!
- Napkins and hand wipes are a must, as well as sun cream to protect you from the glorious sunshine (even on an overcast day the sun’s rays can catch you out).
- Pack foods that are easy to eat with your hands, the less messy the better, trust us on this one!
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Dairy Diary blog without some gorgeous recipes. So here are some of our favourite picnic-suitable snacks.
I am the Brand Executive for Dairy Diary. A passionate foodie (with a very sweet-tooth). Who likes to blog about all things DIY & scrumptious recipes.