Pan-Fried Sea Bass and Scallops
Fat 59g (31g sat)
Sea bass fillets 2
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Butter 25g (1oz)
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Scallops 6, trimmed
Hollandaise sauce half a 200ml pot, to serve
Samphire 90g packet, to serve
1. Slash the skin of the sea bass with a sharp knife and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat half the butter and oil in each of two separate frying pans. When foaming, add the sea bass fillets, skin-side down, to one pan. Hold down with a metal spatula to stop the fillets from curling up. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until the skin is crispy and golden and the flesh has turned white all the way round.
3. Meanwhile, season the scallops and add to the other pan. Cook for 4–5 minutes until cooked through, turning once; the exact cooking time depends on the thickness of the scallops.
4. Carefully turn the sea bass and cook for a further 1–2 minutes, then check the fish is cooked through. Again, the exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish fillets.
5. Separately heat the Hollandaise sauce and the samphire, according to the packet’s instructions.
6. Spoon a little Hollandaise sauce onto warmed plates, arrange the samphire in the centre and set a sea bass fillet on top. Garnish with the scallops and serve at once.