A delicious twist on the ubiquitous mince pie, these little morsels topped with marzipan are perfect for the festive season.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°fan/Gas 4.
2. Tip all the ingredients except the marzipan and mincemeat into a food processor and blend to make a smooth dough. Divide the dough in half and roll out each batch on a lightly floured surface. Using an 8cm (3in) fluted cutter, stamp out 24 rounds and use to line mince pie tins. Chill in the fridge while rolling out the topping.
3. Roll out the marzipan on a lightly floured surface and cut out 24 small stars measuring about 5cm (2in) across the furthest points.
4. Pop a spoonful of mincemeat into each pastry case, top with a marzipan star and bake for 12–15 minutes until golden and cooked.
5. Serve warm, dusted with a little sifted icing sugar.
Short of time, or don’t like making pastry? Then cheat and use 500g (1lb 2oz) of ready-made sweet pastry.