Forget shopping for a while – try some of this festive fun instead!
We’re all so busy trying to find the perfect gifts for Christmas it’s hard to stand back, take a breather, and think about what really matters.
For me, that’s spending quality time with loved ones, enjoying the festive period. And there are SO many lovely things that you can do together at this time of year.
Here are a few suggestions that I think make the Christmas period really special.
- Light Fantastic: visit somewhere nearby with fabulous Christmas Lights (we go to Dunham Massey, our local National Trust, which is incredible). Or, if you have young children, bundle them into the car in their pjs with popcorn and drive around your neighbourhood enjoying the lights people decorate their houses with – they do seem to become more flamboyant every year.
- Most towns hold their own Christmas craft market. Sip mulled wine or hot chocolate and wander the stalls, marvelling at local talent.
- Attend a carol concert – it may be at a stately home or your local church – both equally lovely.
- Light candles at the dinner table every evening until Christmas. Magic.
- Take a morning wintry walk in your favourite woodland. Wrap up warm and enjoy the frosty foliage. Take a flask and a slice of Christmas Flapjack (recipe below).
This recipe is taken from Dairy Diary Favourites cookbook.